These lasagna roll ups are a Fan-Favourite in our house!! EVERYONE eats them — even with the spinach!! (You could totally leave it out, though, if your kids are winning the battle that day lol)
The best part?? TWO of these roll ups is one serving AND it’s nutrition plan approved!! Scroll to the bottom for the Ultimate Portion Fix values and carb count!!!
And don’t forget to tag me in your stories & posts of the finished product! @melissaazimmermann on Instagram
Lasagna Roll Ups
- 10 – Whole Grain Lasagna Noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 lbs – Ground Turkey Meat, cooked
- 200g – Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed & drained well
- 475g – Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 C – Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 – Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp – Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp – dried Italian Seasonings
- Salt + Pepper (To Taste)
- 650mL – Tomato Sauce, No Sugar Added
- 10 Tbsp – Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
PLUS: 9 x 13 baking dish, wax paper, aluminum foil
#ProTip: Wherever possible, choose organic options with no artificial ingredients. Read the label and choose options that are as close to the original source of the ingredient as possible.
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Combine in a Medium Bowl: Turkey Meat, Drained Spinach, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Egg, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, and Salt + Pepper
- Pour approx. 1 C Tomato Sauce over bottom of a 9 x 10 glass baking dish
- Place a sheet of wax paper on the counter and lay lasagna noodles out across it. Let noodles dry slightly and scoop 1/3 C of Cheese/Meat mixture onto each noodle. Spread the mixture over the noodle, leaving about 1 inch at the top end
- Roll each noodle up towards the uncovered 1 inch portion (the mixture will move a bit as you roll) and place, seam down, into the baking dish. Repeat with all the noodles
- Pour remaining Tomato Sauce over the noodles, evenly
- Top each roll with 1 Tbsp Mozzarella Cheese
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove foil cover and BROIL (with door slightly open) for approximately 3 minutes, to crisp the cheese. Keep watch as your broiler may cook faster.
Makes 10 Rolls, 2 per Serving.
Ultimate Portion Fix: 1 Green, 1 Purple, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue
Carb Count: 27g net carbs PER ROLL