As we approach the holidays, you will likely have more and more of your friends approaching you with sales from their small businesses. Many of these friends are probably in the network marketing or direct sales industry.😱
As someone who has built a full time business with a long established MLM company, let me give you an inside look…
1. Your friend is reaching out to you, most likely, because they genuinely love their product and want to share it with you. Exactly like when you find a movie, book, or restaurant that you love and want to tell people about.
2. If you’re not interested, it’s OK to say so! Trust me, your friend won’t be offended by you, politely, saying ‘thanks, but not interested’. They will be MORE offended by you reading, and ignoring, their message, and/or avoiding them in public.
3. Many MLM companies don’t provide adequate training for a new representative and, because most of your friends probably don’t have marketing or sales backgrounds, they may come at you with an “icky” type sales pitch. Know that they are learning and, if you can, provide some constructive, kind, feedback.
4. You don’t have to buy something to support your friend. Share their posts, recommend them to another friend/family member, tell them you’re proud of them for trying something scary and new.
5. REMEMBER: The majority of people in direct sales are women, many are mothers. They are looking for the best case scenario to help provide for their family while being as available as possible for their children. Even if it’s not for you, that doesn’t mean it isn’t something that is positively changing her life. Be happy that she’s happy and let’s keep supporting one another as women.
As you do your holiday shopping this year, before you purchase an item from a big box store, think about the people in your life who you could support first, with your purchase, because their income is going to things like making the holidays special for their own children.
Lastly, I am an OPEN book, I have nothing to hide. If you have questions about network marketing and how it works, I’m happy to answer your questions.💕✌️